Wednesday 29 June 2011

Why is my family like this?

The problem with me is that little things bother me a lot. A word said, a look given or an action, have a lot more effect on me that they should. I get hurt very easily. I would love it if I can turn a deaf ear to things people say, but I can't. I over-analyse everything and this makes me feel sad a lot of times.

My father and stepmother have this way of making me feel guilty about things that I have not even done. My stepmother especially. She will take a small thing and she will turn it to be something very big. This has increased after I got married and moved out.The latest thing that happened was that my phone's SIM had got corrupted somehow and refused to work. I couldn't make any calls nor would the phone show any contacts. At first I thought that the problem was with the phone but then DH took out the SIM and put in inside another phone and the latter refused to work too. Anyway, since my family had gone on a 2-day vacation, I didn't call to inform them about this incident. I thought that I would tell them when they returned. Apparently they were calling me and after not getting through, they called up my IL's place to know what was happening. My MIL said that nothing was wrong and that we had talked to her just the other day. The MIL also called up DH and asked him to tell me to call up my family. And I did. The stepmother started telling me that I should have informed them. I told her that they could have easily called up DH and not my IL's if they wanted to know my whereabouts. (No-brainer, isn't it?). She said that my father was so worried about me that he drank too much . (Really? My father drinks too much all the time!) If they were so worried about me, couldn't they have called up on DH's phone? He does have a phone you know, and they have his number! But no, they wouldn't call him! If they had, they wouldn't make me feel how irresponsible I was, could they?

So anyway, I am getting a new SIM within the next few days. The problem is that the place where we live, it's difficult to get a prepaid SIM within a day. So it may take a couple of days.

Someone might think that all this is too small to be bothered about, but as I said at the beginning of the post: I get bothered by little things! Okay, now for the GOOD NEWS! Since yesterday I have resumed my content writing work. It means a lot because I had completely stopped working for more than 2 months. I just couldn't write! I spent the whole day reading, watching television and mindless web surfing. But now I am back in action! I have no idea what caused the temporary block! I fervently hope that my writing doesn't come to a standstill ever again.

I am really hard to get rid of the negativity around me. I really wish that I find a way to do so. I would love if someone commented! I really need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment