Wednesday 17 August 2011

Reading 'East of Eden'

I am reading a book called 'East of Eden' by John Steinbeck. It has won the Nobel Prize as well as been recommended by Oprah for her Book Club apart from winning several other awards. Now, I for one, stay away from award-winning books. Probably because I started reading 'God of Small Things' (it won the Booker) when I was 15 and was very disappointed. Award-winning great books don't work for me. Give me a murder mystery any day! But this book is different.

I have just reached the halfway mark and I am reading it slow because I don't want it to finish! It's one of those books you want to savour slowly because you know its going to be fantastic. It's not really 'unputdownable'. More of a 'to be read slowly with love'-type. Whatever it is, I had to write this while I am in the process of reading it or may be I will forget the feelings I am going through!


Lovely read it promises to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment